Basic Training 101
Big Mistake: Shocking patient by not instructing them to turn intensity up ONLY by 2-3 clicks at start. (They can turn-up more later).
- Auto: Good to start with on most patients. Very general setting. Later you can customize for specific patient ailments.
- Relax: Acute pain. Stress relief. General wellness clients as well. Helps with indigestion, general arthritis, etc.
- #1 setting (General Wide Mid Setting): Generalized pain. Multiple diagnosis. Standard pain setting.
- #2 setting (Low Range): Calmly normalize nerves. Sensitive to current. Acute pain.
- #3 setting (Mid Range): Subacute pain. Muscle pain. Spasms. Constant type of pain.
- #4 settting (High Range): Peripheral Neuropathy. Nerve compromised patients. Desensitized nerves. Pathologic nerve pain. Phantom pain.
- History of seizures
Important Steps During Patient Instruction:
- ONLY turn-up intensity during ON phases.
- Turn-up as body accommodates to the current setting.
- Don’t go too high. If it’s makes you tense, it’s too high!